Course Duration One Year Full-time
Leads to NFQ Level 5 QQI Award in Business Studies
Event Management is a growing and exciting industry worldwide. This innovative course is designed to develop the skills to participate in and to coordinate an event from inception to completion. The course has a very practical focus where students gain hands-on experience in event management.
Stillorgan College is unique in offering this multi-disciplined course. Students are taught by staff with industry backgrounds in Events including conferencing, corporate travel, tourism, marketing, media and design.
An emphasis is placed on hands-on event production in this course.
The course is targeted at students who have an interest in this industry sector, are capable of demonstrating their ability to work as part of a team and are willing to become involved in planning and participating in events during the college year. Students will be interviewed as part of the application process.
Students who successfully complete this course may apply through the Higher Education Links Scheme to a range of third-level courses, including:
- Event Management - DIT (DT413)
- Tourism Marketing – DIT (DT412)
- Business Studies and Arts Management – IADT (DL242)
For full information on progression through the Higher Education Links Scheme please go to www.qqi.ie and contact the individual universities and colleges.
- Event Management Principles & Practices
- Hands-On approach to Event Production
- Marketing & PR Techniques
- Overview of Web Design
- Desktop Publishing Methods
- Digital Marketing
- Business Administration Skills
- Safety & Health Best Practice
- Communication Methods
- Customer Relations
- Opportunity for Work Experience
- First Aid