Travel & Tourism with Airline Studies
Course Duration One Year Full-time
Leads to NFQ Level 5 QQI Award in Tourism with Business
(& IAOT Amadeus CRS qualification)
Travel and Tourism is an exciting, dynamic industry that offers a broad range of job opportunities in airlines, tour operators, travel agencies, hotels and the hospitality sector, visitor attractions, venues and tourist boards.
This course, which has been running for 20 years, offers internationally- recognised industry relevant qualifications taught by an academic staff with relevant and diverse industry experience.
Many employers in the travel industry contact the college directly when recruiting staff. Work experience is an integral component of this course. Previous students have obtained work placements across the Travel and Tourism sector.
Leaving Certificate: A minimum of five passes which should include English and Maths. Candidates will be interviewed as part of the application process. Mature students are welcome on this programme.
Students who successfully complete this course may apply through the Higher Education Links Scheme to a range of third level courses, including (for example):
- Tourism Management - DIT (DT406) Level 7
- Tourism Marketing - DIT (DT412) Level 8
- Travel and Tourism Management - ITT (TL186) Level 7
- Travel & Tourism Management - ITT (TL182) Level 8
For full information on progression through the Higher Education Links Scheme please go to www.qqi.ie and contact the relevant universities and colleges.
- Airport Passenger Services
- International Air Fares & Ticketing
- Computerised Reservations System- Amadeus
- Information Technology
- Tourism Principles and Practice
- Communications Methods
- Customer Relations
- Heritage & Culture
- Tourism Information and Administration
- Opportunity for Work Experience
- First Aid